White Oils – Pharmaceutical and Cosmetics
Today’s pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries are always facing challenges, including product purity, consistency and longevity. You want to select the highest-quality products available for your industry, and you can rely on ExxonMobil white oils to consistently provide pure products for your pharmaceutical and cosmetics needs.
For nearly a century ExxonMobil has produced exceptional white oils and has been a leader with innovative advances. We have continued to improve our white oils by upgrading our processes and technologies to reach outstanding levels of product quality. We have a comprehensive quality control system in place and reliable supply availability, because we are committed, long term, to the white oils business. We have also pioneered the use of catalyst manufacturing technology, and we continue to lead the way in white oil manufacturing, storage and handling.
Marcol™ and Primol™ white oils
ExxonMobil Marcol and Primol medicinal white oils provide an ideal solution in a host of cosmetic and pharmaceutical applications. Offering excellent hydration and emolliency, they deliver the ultimate in purity, technical excellence and quality reliability throughout the supply chain.
Marcol and Primol white oils:
• Are free from irritants and allergens and are essentially free of contamination from toxic chemicals, heavy metals or microbes
• Have a formulation and product stability that ensure high consistency from one month to the next — enabling manufacturers to meet consumer expectations by placing an identical end product on the market every time
• Are excellent bases for cream preparations due to their emollient and hydrating properties, and their stability makes them particularly appropriate in pharmaceutical applications that require products to have a long life
• Are Halal and Kosher certified
• Are produced and controlled according to the ExxonMobil Product Quality Management System, EN ISO 9000 or equivalent standard
Marcol™ 52 can be used as a component of many cosmetic products, including cleansers, hair care products, makeup and makeup removers.* It can also be used as a neutral and protective diluent for other cosmetic ingredients like essential oils. Marcol™ 82 can be used as a component in emollients and moisturizers, baby products, hair care products, neutral and protective diluents for essential oils, and in other applications such as bath cubes, antiperspirant and deodorant sticks.* It can also be an ingredient of pharmaceutical topical ointments and petroleum jellies. Finally, it can be used as a pelletizer aid and in the manufacture of gelatin capsules. Marcol 52 and Marcol 82 provide many practical advantages to the formulation specialist, including:
• Excellent skin compatibility, low irritancy and comedogenicity
• A good balance between resistance to bacteria and final biodegradability, with minimal environmental impact
• A high level of safety, thanks to its high purity (absence of toxic polycyclic aromatics, heavy metals), the complete destruction of germs in the high temperature manufacturing process, and specific packaging and handling procedures
Primol™ 352 has many well-established applications in the pharmaceutical industry, like laxative jellies and ointments, and can also be recommended as a component for many cosmetic products, such as creams and body lotions.* Like all of our white oils, Marcol and Primol products are manufactured and rigorously tested to ensure compliance with food and pharmaceutical regulations. You can count on our uncompromising standards of purity, consistency, technical excellence and quality when choosing the right white oil for your pharmaceutical and cosmetic needs.
*Applications of white oils are subject to the applicable laws and regulations in each country. User must check compliance with applicable regulations.