Get news updates, newly published reports and articles.
For media inquiries, please contact us at
- A successful partnership spanning more than 50 years: Japan Airlines & ExxonMobil, November 2016
Japan Airlines is one of the world’s premier carriers, with an enviable track record for fleet efficiency. For more than half a century, they have relied on ExxonMobil to supply jet oils, hydraulic fluids and greases.
- Aviation lubes: Cleared for takeoff, June 2016
In this excerpt from Lubes’N’Greases, Nancy Carlson, Vice President, Aviation & Marine Global Business Unit, discusses the outlook for air travel, the high-tech world of jet engine oils, and the market’s expectations for the long haul.
- Air Canada’s award-winning fleet finds success with ExxonMobil, June 2016
In the highly competitive airline industry, the key to any successful, long-term business partnership is trust. And for nearly 15 years, Air Canada, a member of the Star Alliance, has trusted ExxonMobil as its primary lubricant supplier.
- AIR international - new oil, new demands, Mobil Jet™ Oil 387, May 2016
The introduction of new engines designed to reduce fuel burn and emissions has created a need for an equally new generation of engine lubricants. ExxonMobil and Ardito spent more than a decade developing its oil in partnership with the engine manufacturers.
- Mobil Jet™ Oil 387 Approved for Use in All Models of UTC Aerospace Systems’ Integrated Drive Generators, December 15, 2016
ExxonMobil today announced that Mobil Jet Oil 387, a synthetic High Performance Capability turbine engine oil, has been approved by UTC Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp., for use in all of its integrated drive generator (IDG) models.
- ExxonMobil Begins Production at Port Allen Aviation Lubricants
Plant, October 27, 2016
ExxonMobil today announced that its Port Allen aviation lubricants plant has achieved full production for the entire line of Mobil Jet™ engine lubricants. The state-of-the-art aviation lubricants blending, packaging and distribution facility started shipping product worldwide in August after receiving regulatory approvals.
- Mobil Jet™ Oil 387 Approved for use in Rolls-Royce Trent 700, Trent 800, RB211-524 and RB211-535 Engines, May 24, 2016
ExxonMobil has announced that Mobil Jet Oil 387, a synthetic High Performance Capability (HPC)* turbine engine oil, is now approved for use in Rolls-Royce’s popular Trent 700, Trent 800, RB211-524 (B, C, D, G, and H series), and RB211-535 (C and E4 series) engines.
- GE90 Approval for Mobil Jet™ Oil 387, January 13, 2016
ExxonMobil Mobil Jet™ Oil 387, a synthetic High Performance Capability (HPC)* turbine engine oil, is now fully approved for use in a range of GE Aviation’s GE90 engines including the GE 90-76B, GE 90-85B, GE 90-90B, GE 90-94B, GE 90-110B1 and GE 90-115B.
- ExxonMobil Awarded 20-Year Strategic Partner Award by IATA,, November 12, 2015
ExxonMobil has received a 20-year strategic partner award from the International Air Transport Association (IATA). Nancy Carlson, vice president of ExxonMobil’s aviation and marine global business unit, accepted on behalf of the company during IATA’s bi-annual Aviation Fuel Forum.
- Virgin Atlantic Selects New Mobil Jet Oil 387 for Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners, January 22, 2015
ExxonMobil has announced that Virgin Atlantic selected its most advanced jet engine oil, Mobil Jet Oil 387 for use in its fleet of Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners. It exceeds the performance benchmarks for High Performance Capability (HPC) oil classifications in all of the required and report only tests.
- Pratt & Whitney to begin testing of Mobil Jet Oil 387 on PurePower® engines, October 23, 2014
ExxonMobil have signed a commercial agreement to have Mobil Jet Oil 387 tested in all of Pratt & Whitney's PurePower® engine models. Testing is due to start in early 2015 as part of a multi-year testing programme and will span the complete family of PurePower engines.
- GE Aviation approves Mobil Jet Oil 387 for use in its GE CF34-10 and GEnx engines, February 19, 2014
ExxonMobil Aviation have announced that it's Mobil Jet Oil 387 has been fully approved against some of the most demanding industry specifications and as a result, is now approved for use in a range of GE Aviation aircraft engines.
- Rolls-Royce Approves Mobil Jet Oil 387 for use in its Trent 1000, Trent 900 and Trent XWB engines, January 23, 2014
Rolls Royce have approved the use of Mobil Jet Oil 387 in their aircraft engines after outstanding performance results were documented in extensive ground and in-flight service testing.
- ExxonMobil Aviation Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Mobil Jet Oil™ II, December 17, 2013
ExxonMobil Aviation have celebrated the 50th anniversary of Mobil Jet Oil II which remains one of the aviation industry's most widely selected lubricant formulations.
- ExxonMobil to Expand High-Performance Synthetic Lubricants Capacity in Louisiana, September 27, 2012
More than $200 million has been invested to expand ExxonMobil's Baton Rouge chemical and lubricants plant. The project includes construction of a state of the art blending center for synthetic aviation oil in Port Allen, Louisiana which will manufacture more than 145 lubricants.
- Technical Emergency hotline introduced for lubricant-related technical emergencies, July 16, 2012
ExxonMobil Aviation Lubricants have announced the launch of a new telephone hotline. The around-the-clock hotline aims to provide expert guidance to customers in the event of urgent aviation lubricant-related technical emergencies.