Mobil SHC™ Rarus 68
Synthetic rotary compressor oil
Mobil SHC™ Rarus 68 is a high performance synthetic oil for use in rotary compressor and independent turbo charger systems working in severe conditions.
- Applications where high temperatures are encountered
- When extended oil drains are desired
- Units with a history of excessive oil degradation, poor valve performance or deposit formation
Exceptional protection and cleanliness
Formulated with wax-free synthetic hydrocarbon fluids and a proprietary combination of additives, it offers:
- Exceptional oxidation and thermal stability
- Outstanding anti-wear and corrosion protection, enhancing equipment life and performance
- Excellent water separating characteristics, reducing problems with emulsion formation and filters
- Potential for extended oil life
- Compatibility with all compressor metals
- Potential for reduction of waste and disposal costs
Cost and time savings
The oil’s proprietary technology enables it to achieve an oil drain of up to 5,000 hours, depending on operating conditions. Turbocharger oil drain intervals can typically be increased four to six times that of standard mineral oils.
Together these benefits provide the possibility of long service life, reduced replacement and waste disposal costs while minimising downtime and increasing productivity.
Download the Mobil SHC Rarus Series factsheet >>
- Outstanding thermal / oxidation stability help to provide up to three times oil drain interval versus a leading synthetic compressor oil and reduce maintenance downtime
- Excellent varnish and sludge control helps to deliver cleanliness and extended compressor oil life
- High performance synthetic base stocks with high viscosity index enables wide temperature range capability and effective lubrication at high temperatures
- High load carrying capability protects equipment and extends life, helps minimize unexpected downtime and extend service periods
- Exceptional resistance to rusting and corrosion, very good antiwear, demulsibility, foam control and air release and multi-metal compatibility
- Excellent water separability helps reduce carryover to downstream equipment, reduce sludge formation in crankcases and discharge lines, helps reduce blockage of coalescers, coolers and less potential for emulsion formation